Original 40 Brewing Company
- Conversion of a former book store into a craft brewery and taproom with a kitchen.
- Careful attention was given to the separate flow for customers and brewery operations while allowing a full view of the brewery from public areas.
- A collaboration with designer Carolina Martinez of Casa Duhagon.
- This project involved converting a book store into a brewery, a major use change that required many updates to meet current code requirements. The building was originally built in 1955 and had not been updated over the years. The interior was completely gutted and rebuilt.
- On-site parking was an issue because the building was not originally designed for a brewery and restaurant. Hauck worked closely with the city to find alternative parking solutions such as shared parking agreements with off-site lots with surplus parking based on the time of use.
- The existing roof was not adequate to support new loads so Hauck designed an equipment yard behind the building to house remote brewery equipment. This also allowed for the unaltered exposure of the existing barrel vault ceiling.